Renna McCready, the General Manager of the Mall made sure that we were well taken care of during our visit on Friday May 24th. It took our students a while to feel comfortable in asking questions and taking part. Each presenter was patient and made sure that everyone was included.
The different exhibits that we saw were
- the ICBC car which was damaged when someone was texting instead of focusing on driving;
- the Volunteer Booth and learned about how volunteers visit elderly people and man various road checkpoints;
- Delta Chief Constable Jim Cessford taught our student how to come to attention and salute;
- the RCMP who demonstrated breathalyzers, radar and let students try out their car!
- Transit Police who taught us all about the special yellow tape and intercom which lets the police know when transit passengers need assistance;
- the CN Rail Police talked about the importance of not going onto train tracks or crossing when the red railroad lights are flashing.
We finished with a treat from Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
Press Play to start the slide show!
Delta Police Video