Homework Due Date Summary
Daily - read for 30 minutes and fill out Daily Reading Assignment form.
March 8th - The Leprechaun Trap Comprehension Challenge (see below)
March 9th - Spelling City
March 9th - Manga High - place value/addition/addition & subtraction
March 16th - bring your Leprechaun Trap to school (or send video)
1. Read for a minimum of 30 minutes and fill out the Daily Reading Assignment each day.
2. Log in to our Manga High site at http://schools.mangahigh.com/division21 Student login and password information is found in their planner. Click the "Skip for now" button on the login page and your challenges will appear. If you have lost your Manga High password please send me a request with your email address in the form at the end of the blog. Complete the assigned challenges by March 9th.
3. Log in to Spelling City. The assignment due date is March 9th.
4. Listen to the story The Leprechaun Trap at www.nightlightstories.net. After listening to the story answer these 5 comprehension questions on the assignment form below. Make sure you number your answers. Comprehension Challenge homework is due March 8th.
1. What are the 3 ways that the leprechauns try to escape from the trap?
2. Why didn't stacking and stepping on the marshmallows work?
3. How do the leprechauns eventually escape from the trap?
4. Who do you think helped the kids build the leprechaun trap?
5. What was the leprechaun trap made out of?
4. There are many ideas and how-to videos on the internet for creating your own leprechaun trap at home. Here are two good sites to visit - Leprechaun Trap Crafts for Kids and
The Leprechaun Trap at World News.com. Get started on your own leprechaun trap at home. It is due March 16th.
5. Go out in the sun, play creative games and stay away from the TV and video games!